High quality protein source - 30 grams contain 11 grams (or 35%) of easily assimilable pure protein. Compared to the related product “Hemp protein”, this product contains more fiber (~ 13.2%) that stimulates intestinal peristalsis, promotes the secretion of digestive juices, and the removal of cholesterol from the body, as well as has a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora.
It also contains omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, fibre, as well as such microminerals as magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus, and vitamins – E, B1, B2, and B6.
Protein: it is the most important component of living organisms, since it can be found in every cell, and it promotes normal growth and development, as well as increases and maintenance of muscle mass.
The importance of proteins is characterized by their structure, which resembles chains of 20 amino acids. 8 of these are essential amino acids that are not synthesized in the body, thus must be consumed through food.
The product contains all essential amino acids - phenylalanine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine.
Omega-3: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) helps to maintain a normal blood cholesterol level decreasing the risk for development of cardiovascular disease. Three tablespoons of hemp four ensure 2 grams of the beneficial ALA which is the recommended daily intake!
Fibre: promotes normal bowel function and produces a feeling of satiety. Hemp flour has a low glycemic index. When taken with food, your blood sugar level will rise slowly, so it is also suitable for diabetes.
Magnesium: gives strength and energy by reducing fatigue and weakness, as well as promotes protein synthesis.
Iron: promotes red blood cell and haemoglobin production ensuring oxygen transportation in the body, as well as the functioning of the immune system.
Potassium: helps to maintain healthy blood pressure, promotes muscle and nervous system function.
Phosphorus: facilitates cell membrane function, promotes normal bone and tooth development.
Vitamin E: a natural antioxidant that provides cell protection against oxidative stress and helps the body fight free radicals.
Vitamin B1: promotes normal function of the nervous system and the heart.
Vitamin B2: promotes normal iron metabolism in the body, protects cells against oxidative stress, and reduces fatigue and weakness.
Vitamin B6: improves glycogen metabolism and ensures hormonal regulation, promotes red blood cell production and normal function of the nervous system.
We recommend using it by adding to yogurt, fruit and berry smoothies, porridge or salad, mixed with butter, in confectionery, in baking.
WHY ARE HEMP SEEDS SO GREAT?
- A SUPERFOOD that stands out among other plant products with its nutritional value due to the unique nutrient composition.
- A complete source of protein which contains considerably more essential amino acids than other plant products.
- Protein contained in the product is readily available to the human body.
- High in unsaturated fatty acids, including essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are crucial to the body and which can be obtained only from food. Hemp seeds have a higher content of these fatty acids than other plant products.
- High in omega-3 fatty acids – three tablespoons of hemp seeds ensure 2 grams of the beneficial alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is the recommended daily intake.
- The ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is 1:3 which is considered to be optimal for human health.
- A source of microminerals – hemp seeds are particularly rich in magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus.
- A source of vitamins – hemp seeds are particularly rich in vitamin E, B1, B2, and B6.
- One of the few seeds containing chlorophyll.
- The seeds have a low glycaemic index – when consuming them, blood glucose level rises slowly; therefore, hemp is also suitable in the case of diabetes.
- Does not contain allergens and gluten.
- Hemp seeds and their products have a wide range of application – as a snack between meals and addition to various dishes.
- Made in Latvia from locally grown hemp.
- A healthy product with excellent nutritional value and pleasant taste!