This oil is special due to its high content of unsaturated fatty acids, including essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are crucial to the body and which can be obtained only from food. Hemp seeds have a higher content of these fatty acids than other plant products. Omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids are at the ideal ratio of 1:3 which is considered to be optimal for human health. It has been shown that the modern diet has a higher content of omega-6 fatty acids that ensure a normal inflammatory response. However, excessive consumption of these fatty acids may facilitate chronic inflammatory processes, including atherosclerosis and obesity, as well as diabetes.
- Omega-3: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) helps to maintain a normal blood cholesterol level decreasing the risk for the development of cardiovascular disease. Three tablespoons of hemp seeds ensure 2 grams of the beneficial ALA which is the recommended daily intake!
- Vitamin E: a natural antioxidant that provides cell protection against oxidative stress and helps the body fight free radicals.
We recommend consuming 1–2 tablespoons (approximately 20 grams) of oil daily as a healthy and delicious addition to various dishes: salads, porridges, stews, cold sauces, shakes, and other dishes, giving them a pleasant nutty flavor. Not suitable for frying or heating. Hemp oil is also recommended for vegetarians and vegans.
WHY ARE HEMP SEEDS SO GREAT?
- A SUPERFOOD that stands out among other plant products with its nutritional value due to its unique nutrient composition.
- A complete source of protein that contains considerably more essential amino acids than other plant products.
- The protein contained in the product is readily available to the human body.
- High in unsaturated fatty acids, including essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are crucial to the body and which can be obtained only from food. Hemp seeds have a higher content of these fatty acids than other plant products.
- High in omega-3 fatty acids – three tablespoons of hemp seeds ensure 2 grams of the beneficial alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is the recommended daily intake.
- The ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is 1:3 which is considered to be optimal for human health.
- A source of microminerals – hemp seeds are particularly rich in magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus.
- A source of vitamins – hemp seeds are particularly rich in vitamin E, B1, B2, and B6.
- One of the few seeds containing chlorophyll.
- The seeds have a low glycaemic index – when consuming them, blood glucose level rises slowly; therefore, hemp is also suitable in the case of diabetes.
- Does not contain allergens and gluten.
- Hemp seeds and their products have a wide range of applications – as a snack between meals and addition to various dishes.
- Made in Latvia from locally grown hemp.
- A healthy product with excellent nutritional value and pleasant taste!